Are you too looking forward to investing in easy-to-use and functional online proofing tools for your in-office or remote teams?
As remote work continues to become a preferred mode of operating for a large number of businesses and individuals worldwide, online proofing tools are gaining popularity amongst project teams of every size and type.
Creative professionals need to ensure that they deliver high-quality, error-free projects to end users. For this, they need to collaborate on their projects with other team members and clients on a single platform for a quick review and approval process.
We have thoroughly scanned the entire web and found some of the best proofing tools available today.
Let us get started and have a look at the best tools for proofing you and your team can have today.
Get an online proofing tool and a host of other features for smart work management in a centralized location. Book your demo with ProofHub NOW!
5 Top Online Proofing Tools You Can Use in 2023
ProofHub is a feature-rich project management and team collaboration software that also offers a comprehensive suite of online proofing tools for creative teams.
The ProofHub online proofing tools offer your team, client, and stakeholder a centralized place to review, and approve files without delayed feedback. It helps speed up the review and feedback process, since users can annotate designs and documents using the markup tools.
Let us take a look at what you and your team can do with ProofHub’s online proofing tool.
- Collaborate on and review designs and documents in real-time from any location, on any device, by simply mentioning names of team members and adding comments.
- Users can annotate files with markup tools, and add clear and actionable feedback for specific regions.
- Threaded comments allow collaborators to reply to particular suggestions and feedback.
- You can share the proofing link of files with team members and external users who are not part of the team for easy and quick access and collaboration.
- Once changes are made as per suggestions or feedback is given on a particular design or document, you can mark them as resolved.
- Approve files with a single click once the reviewer has checked and resolved all changes made to files in real time.
- Users can upload new versions of files and compare them with previous versions to review changes.
Now you know that ProofHub’s online proofing tool helps you and the team collaborate on documents and files in real time. Let’s now take a look at some more powerful features offered by this project management and team collaboration tool.
Start Proofing Files with ProofHub Now
Do you want to create a visually-appealing, high-quality, and error-free design for a client? If you are a privileged ProofHub user, Congratulations!
- Task management: Say goodbye to confusion and vagueness over job responsibilities with ProofHub’s inbuilt task management feature. You can create, allocate, and track tasks from a single location while ensuring clear distribution of job responsibilities among team members.
- Group chat: No need to waste time with emails or time-consuming video calls for exchanging quick information. Use Group chat to instantly send/receive direct messages with your team members. You can attach tasks and add emojis, and GIFs to make your conversation more descriptive and expressive.
- Custom fields: ProofHub’s custom fields help you store relevant project information and change details according to your workflow. Teams can add the following custom fields to projects – date, currency, percentage, tags, dropdown, numbers, text, and text areas.
- Forms: No more cluttered inboxes and missing out on work requirements. Use ProofHub Forms to easily manage your requests for support queries, tickets, product requests, or any work requests.
- Table view: The Table view in ProofHub offers users an easy-to-understand view of all their to-do tasks in a list form. Users can assign tasks, share essential details, and see which tasks are more important than others. Sorting and Grouping of tasks let users arrange work the way they like.
- Scheduling calendar: Make sure you never miss important tasks, events, and milestones with ProofHub’s scheduling calendar. Save time with automatic reminders for recurring tasks and have multiple views of your calendar. Users have the flexibility to merge their ProofHub calendar with the ones they already use.
- Time tracking: Utilize time efficiently as ProofHub’s time tracking tool lets you bring all your time data in one place. Add timesheets, set time estimates for tasks, and record time spent on tasks manually or by using timers to get a clear picture of where your team’s time is going.
- File management: Don’t let cluttered files and documents consume your precious time and energy. Use ProofHub’s file management tool to upload, organize, and collaborate on them with your team members smartly and efficiently.
- Review, approve, and share in-context feedback on designs
- Collaborate and share files in JPEG, PNG, PDF, and other formats
- In-line comments to share feedback with team and project clients
- Instant notifications to provide quick feedback and approval on files
- Create and share multiple versions of the same file with a specific team member
- Annotate, highlight, add comments, and share feedback to files with markup tools
- More suited for teams instead of individual users
- Notification system can be a bit more intuitive
- In-built video calling is not available
Ease of Use
ProofHub is a project management and team collaboration tool designed to cater to the needs of every individual. From a freelancer to a large-scale business. It offers an easy learning curve, even for those with no prior experience working on such a tool.
ProofHub offers task management, time management, communication, collaboration, and reporting features to ease the timely completion and delivery of all tasks. The project management tool comes with a bevy of online proofing tools to help designers and other creative teams annotate, edit, and review designs and documents in real-time. ProofHub also has a responsive 24×7 customer support team that is ready to help anyone learn about the tool and its features.
The Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89 per month when billed annually, allowing the unlimited number of users without any per-user fee.
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.5/5
Give your remote team an easily accessible proofing tool to make the reviewing and approval process seamless and efficient. Subscribe to ProofHub today!
2. Markup Hero
Markup Hero is a free screenshot and annotation tool to help teams and individuals improve productivity and communication. It lets you capture ideas and share the same with others through its screenshots and annotation tools.
It is amongst the best time-saving proofing tools through which teams can easily access their markups and annotations from any device and make changes on-the-go. Markup Hero works flawlessly on Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook, desktop, and mobile web.
- Upload images and PDF
- Capture full website
- Shareable links
- Full history and Editing
- Privacy settings
- Create collections
- Low-cost collaboration tool for creative teams
- Integrates with Google Drive & Slack
- Option to import PDFs for annotation
- Easy to take screenshots and share
- Easy to capture screenshots for tutorials and internal documentation
- Option to edit/re-edit saved screenshots
- No Firefox add-on
- Difficult to capture screen regions
- Missing scrolling capture feature
- Writing alignment needs improvement
- Process to link multiple screenshots stored in Markup Hero is cumbersome
Ease of Use
Markup Hero makes it super-easy to capture screenshots, and images, and share them with others. It is one of those rare image-proofing tools that not only lets you capture and mark screenshots. Markup Hero also lets you keep all markups organized according to titles, collections, history, and custom privacy.
The Paid plan is priced at $4/user/month.
- Capterra: 4.7/5
- G2: 4.5/5
GoProof is amongst the most effective online proofing tools that centralize daily workflow for improving the review and approval process. It offers a centralized space to organize all product information, so the user doesn’t lose track of their creative goals. GoProof lets users post comments, edit, and collaborate on a single platform to brainstorm ideas.
It is an efficient client-proofing software and collaboration tool for businesses, which also integrates flawlessly with the Adobe Creative Cloud. GoProof lets users review, make changes, get feedback, and approve designs and files using the Adobe app.
- Website proofing
- Unlimited collaborators
- Mobile proofing
- Automated proofing workflows
- Manager workflow
- Insights reporting
- Video reviewing
- Adobe creative cloud
- Eases copy edits and comments on design elements
- Best tool for collaboration and gathering feedback on designs
- Makes it easy for teams to share updates/proof of a design
- Improves internal and external reviewing of creative content
- Android & iOS mobile application for collaboration on-the-go
- Easy integration easily with Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Laggy mobile interface
- Complicated process for requests for changes in file/document/image
- No option to upload a new file version and bypass the need for comments and change requests
Ease of Use
GoProof helps users make their daily workflow more efficient. For example, designers can edit faster and better. At the same time, project managers gain a level of autonomy and control over the feedback and approvals process. Add to that, GoProof receives daily updates to offer better features and fix bugs.
Contact GoProof to obtain pricing plans.
- Capterra: 4.3/5
- G2: 4.2/5
Deliver error-free, high-quality work with ProofHub’s online proofing tool. Start your free trial today!
GoVisually is one of the leading online proofing tools and software that is designed for creative and design teams. It helps them receive quick and effective feedback for designs, PDFs, and video content from clients, team members, and reviewers. GoVisually offers features like precise comments, unlimited reviewers, real-time progress tracking, and client approval.
There are many advanced features like commenting and annotating on images, PDFs, and videos, real-time updates, and reminders to help creative teams speed up production and communicate better. Together these make GoVisually the best proofing software for designers, video creators, creative agencies, and marketing teams.
- Online design and video collaboration
- Share with unlimited reviewers
- Upload and annotate various file types
- Automated client reminders
- Mobile optimized
- Standard Slack integration
- Easy sign-up process
- Allows download of original design file
- Offers video reviewing with exact timestamps
- Private comments for internal team communication
- Password protection for projects with support for over 1000 PDFs
- Option to add new projects, remove old ones, and request revisions
- Lack of customization options
- No option to archive old projects
- Email notification needs improvement
- No option to set up sub-groups or projects within projects
Ease of Use
GoVisually is one of the amazing online image-proofing tools for creative teams and their clients. The tool gets regular updates from the engineering team to make it better and adapt quickly to the changing needs of its customers. Its customer service department has a reputation for providing excellent answers to any questions.
The Team Plan is priced at $50 for 5 users. Additional $10 for each user.
- Capterra – 4.4/5
- G2 – 4.4/5
5. Approval Studio
Approval Studio is amongst the best proofing tools that help you optimize workflow and gather feedback effectively. You can upload files, discuss them in real-time without signup, keep a history of all changes, versions, and activities.
It is a client-oriented proofing software that offers 4 comparison modes to monitor changes in every new version, which removes the risk of making critical mistakes. Approval Studio offers an interface in 7 languages. It also has a mobile version that lets you proof files on the go.
- External reviews
- Various file formats
- Barcode scanner
- Spell checker
- On-screen ruler
- Online review sessions
- Easy to use interface
- Efficient proofing tool to proof visuals faster and more efficiently
- Multiple markup tools and 4 compare modes to capture the smallest details
- Multi-lingual support within app and project reports easing communication with international clients
- Review tool has a comment section to help teams hold discussions on the spot
- Annotations of different designs is convenient
- Does not integrate with Trello
- Video proofing in the Beta stage
- Clunky annotation tool
Ease of Use
With a multi-language user interface as well as Slack and Zapier integration, Approval Studio is an effective tool for the approval of any kind of design. Approval Studio is the perfect tool for efficient design management, version comparison, progress tracking, and a host of other design approval features.
Pricing: The PRO XL plan is priced at $255 for 15 users.
- Capterra – 5/5
- G2 – 4.9/5
What Are Online Proofing Tools and Software?
Online proofing tools and software are web-based applications that simplify the proofing process for creative teams. These enable real-time team collaboration in organizations. In addition, the numerous annotation tools help improve the quality of the proofing work.
Using online proofing tools and software, teams centralize and automate the review process and fasten approval, which saves a lot of time.
Project managers, graphic designers, video engineers, and professionals from various creative fields use these tools for comparing versions of the same file. These not only let them proof but also share their creativity with others and get instant feedback.
Add as many team members to ProofHub without worrying about increasing costs. Fixed pricing, no per-user fee! Join us ASAP!
What Are the Benefits of Using Proofing Tools for Project Teams?
The online proofing tools simplify, streamline, and speed up the design review and feedback process.
That said, some more benefits of using online proofing tools are as follows:
- These speed up proofing, review, and feedback with markup tools and single-click approval.
- The online proofing tools offer a collaborative space for teams of all shapes and sizes. It promotes team bonding and improves workplace coordination.
- Many proofing tools are accessible on any device, and from any location. This makes them apt for remote as well as in-house teams.
- These tools help eliminate time-consuming email approvals.
- The online proofing tools make it easy for the team to view and track all tasks and proofing reviews, which helps maintain transparency.
- Online proofing tools promote team accountability as every comment, suggestion, and feedback gets recorded in tasks, which are visible.
It’s evident that using online proofing tools can have a significant impact on your review and approval process. Your team can work smarter and collaborate quickly on designs and documents, and deliver error-free, high-quality work consistently.
Of all the top online proofing tools and software listed in this article, ProofHub offers more functionality in terms of the number of features offered in a centralized location. It is easy to use, intuitive, customizable, and affordable.
What is online proofing software?
Online proofing software allows creative teams to easily share designs and documents, and get feedback on them, thus saving a lot of valuable time.
What is the best online proofing software?
The best online proofing software offers an array of features, like real-time collaboration, markup tools, one-click approval, audit trails, file sharing, etc.
Why do you need an online proofing software?
Online proofing software is necessary for sharing design files and getting quick feedback minus confusion, delays, and chaos.