DG1 1DX, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, United Kingdom |
Up to GBP £56000.00 Per Annum |
Project Manager (Electrification & Plant)
NW & Central Scotland (Site based)
Up to £56000
My client is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary railway infrastructure contractors, with over 70 years’ experience in both the heavy and light rail infrastructure sectors.
They are now looking for an experienced project manager to join them within their Electrification & Plant (E&P) project team.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- A strong knowledge of E&P Engineering
- Project management experience.
- Further education qualification, ideally degree qualified
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
Projects within this role include but are not limited to the design, manufacture, delivery, fit out, and test of traction power equipment, and in particular traction power or distribution substations at 650V DC, 25kV AC, 33kV AC.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all persons under your control.
- Responsible for leading, directing and monitoring of staff within the project team.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of all projects.
- Lead and manage the project team including recruitment, promotion, discipline, motivation, rostering, setting personal objectives, undertaking appraisals.
- Ensure all project objectives are met within the agreed timescales and target cost.
- Responsible for management and control of Linemen and Team Leaders
- Accident/incident investigation and compiling relevant documentation.
- Ensure professional management of key sub-contractors and associated risks.
- The design and development of detailed project implementation plans, identifying the key stages, resources and timescales to achieve the project through to final hand-back.
- Monitoring and reporting of work progressed against programme, specification and target cost.
- Checking of designs and production of compliant CDM documentation
- Ensure that adequate operational controls are in place for all work sites and depots.
For more information and a full job description, email your C.V to j a k e . p a r k e r @ v i t a l . u k . c o m
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.