New Orleans, LA, USLocation:
Tue, Jul 20 ’21Posted on:
NANO LLC is an award-winning, New Orleans-based firm specializing in architecture, interior design, and custom furniture. Our firm focuses on both residential and commercial architecture, either new construction or renovations, in addition to historic renovations and interior design. We design for projects of small, medium, and large sizes.
Our employees are people who:
- Work to develop clever solutions to complex problems
- Thrive in fast paced settings but also know how to take a break when necessary
- Constantly seek opportunities for learning, passion projects and personal and professional growth
- Care about equity and diversity in their community and the wellbeing of strangers as well as friends and family
- Have a sense of humor, like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain, and enjoy long walks through abandoned buildings
NANO LLC is currently seeking to hire an Architectural Designer with 3-5 years of project experience to join our growing team in our MidCity office. This is an at-will position and candidates must be able to work in person a minimum of 40 hours / week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with variety of design teams producing all aspects of schematic, design development and construction drawings and details for different size projects.
- Site measurements and as-built documentation
- Assist Project Manager to pickup and distribute redlined documents
- Assist Project Manager in adhering to project design schedules and budgets to maintain company profitability goals
- Assist Project Manager to coordinate consultant work in Revit
- Adhere to company organization, communication and drafting standards
- Assist Project Manager to prepare for and document client meetings and write and distribute meeting minutes
- Adhere to Building and Life Safety codes
- Assist Project manager with communications and preparation of applications with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Assist Project manager in Construction Administration during the Construction Phase of projects
- General office upkeep (filing, break room, building product resource library)
The successful candidate will have:
- 5yr Bachelor or 3yr Master of Architecture (or equivalent)
- Professional Licensure NOT required
- 3-5 years of full-time project experience working for an Architecture firm
- Attention to detail and strong team communication skills
- 3+ years professional experience with Revit is required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam Revu is preferred
- A passion to help solve problems and find alternate solutions
- Ability to translate design ideas into clear and concise details and construction documents
- Strong teamwork, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction and structure
- Ability to take direction as well as delegate, take initiative and work both independently or on a team, depending on the project type and magnitude
NANO offers an hourly rate of pay commensurate with experience, work samples and demonstrated capabilities, performance and advancement reviews are conducted annually. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, and a SimpleIRA retirement plan with employer matching.
We support professional development and encourage our employees to pursue licensure and to actively participate in the design and construction community. NANO offers reimbursement for eligible membership fees, certain professional licenses, programs, or classes.
Throughout the year NANO hosts and/or sponsors various activities with our team to build on internal and community relationships as well as to maintain our commitment to providing a positive and progressive working environment.
NANO LLC is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Additionally, the hiring department will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Please email your resume, project list, salary requirements and 4-5 work samples which must include at least one sample of construction documents or construction details to email@example.com
All attachments to be PDF format under 10MB.