Al Gore’s non-profit, The Climate Reality
Project, is seeking a passionate and experienced fundraiser to
increase the Advancement Department’s fundraising efforts. The
Charitable Giving Manager will be responsible for managing and
expanding a portfolio of current and prospective major and
mid-level donors ($2,500 – $50,000) and will participate in all
aspect of the gift cycle on behalf of Climate Reality and its
leadership. An ideal candidate will be passionate about climate
action and able to work independently and collaboratively in a
small fundraising team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors, focusing
on increasing revenue from 4-5 figure gifts.
- Responsible for formulating and implementing all aspects of the
gift cycle: 1) Identify and qualify prospects to help build a more
robust major gift donor pipeline; 2) develop personalized
cultivation strategies and move potential donors in an appropriate
and timely fashion toward solicitation; 3) solicit annual and major
gifts; 4) thoughtfully steward and maintain contact with donors on
behalf of Climate Reality.
- Identify strategic opportunities for portfolio growth, working
both independently and with prospect research team to explore areas
- Manage a portfolio of institutional donors and direct their
strategic cultivation and stewardship; coordinate with Director of
Advancement, Director of Evaluation, and program teams on timely
letters of inquiry, grant proposals, grant reports, and other
foundation communications; assist with grant writing where
- Schedule and conduct meetings with current and prospective
donors, as well as schedule and staff meetings with program staff,
Director of Advancement, and President and CEO.
- Work with Advancement team members to identify opportunities
for new major and mid-level gift prospects from database, and help
develop and implement a mid-level giving program.
- Provide advice to management regarding active and prospective
- Develop, manage and execute year-end direct mail appeal.
- Research prospects for engagement.
- Use Salesforce to track donors and prospects through the moves
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and values
- 4-5 years of fundraising experience for an allied cause with a
proven track record of closing major gifts either independently or
with a principal
- Experience communicating with and identifying strategies for
cultivation of major donors
- A self-starter, and willing and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills related to donors, leadership,
and Board of Directors
- Prior experience using Salesforce or CRM to track donor
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience using research software and tools preferred
- Optimistic and positive attitude a must
- Ability to work long hours and weekends, travel semi-frequently
and on short notice
- Ability to work in high-visibility and fast-paced