Brooklyn, NY, USLocation:
Mon, Jun 7 ’21Posted on:
NOTE: To be considered for this role, please email a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (max 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CWB Architects seeks a licensed architect or non-registered graduate with at least five years of post-graduate experience and familiarity with the firm’s project typology. Manages one or more projects. The Project Manager position holds the responsibility for ensuring their assigned project(s) are run effectively. Responsible for all aspects of projects, including: product research, consultant coordination, design documentation, production management, budgeting, billing, and scheduling. PMs may supervise and delegate tasks to a small staff of architects and designers. The Project Manager is responsible for facilitating the project design process by assisting the Project Architect and team designers to monitor the work effort and fee and maintain overall quality control of the product and provided service. Project leader responsible for the final product: ensures quality control, tracks fee, maintains schedule, plans drawing reviews by Principals.
- Establish project sequence and specific milestone dates; assist in preparation of fee and construction cost estimates; review of all regulatory applications, processes, and codes and development of strategies for compliance.
- Responsible for all aspects of projects: client communication, product research, consultant coordination, design documentation, production management, budgeting, billing, scheduling.
- Work with Project Principal, develop and document initial project parameters including schedule, fee, preliminary construction budget and project team. Assemble, organize, and delegate tasks to project team.
- Meet with Precise monthly to review project financials and schedule.
- Coordinate, prepare for, and participate in periodic drawing set reviews with Technical Director and CDO.
- Mentor and encourage development of the four skills (management, design, communication, technical) in Designers, Interns, and other junior staff.
- Assist the Principals and Firm Management team to maintain and develop project standards.
- Depending on the size and scope of the job, act as (NON-DRAFTING) Project Architect; or assist/manage project design progress of Project Architect.
- Attend initial client meetings until project has been defined, and as needed during the construction pricing process. Attend construction site meetings as needed.
- First professional degree – B.Arch or M.Arch
- Five or more years’ experience, with at least two years working as a Project Architect or in a similar position with primary responsibility for general project progress and team leadership.
- Licensed in New York State (not required, but preferred).
- Ability to manage more than one project through delegation.
- Solid understanding of the components and sequencing of the project design process and contract management process.
- Ability to communicate clearly, consistently, and often with project team, project principal, and client.
- Organized; schedule and process oriented.
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks (CAD) and Microsoft Office.
Salary shall be commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this role, please email a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (max 10mb) to email@example.com
Read More: Project Manager – Brooklyn, NY, US | Jobs